B&P Engineering decided to implement procedures designed to eliminate all risks of coronavirus infection to its personnel. Posters with key recommendations from the State Sanitary Inspection for the coronavirus containment were placed at the main entrance to the site, the production buildings and the office areas.
The number of disinfectants available to the personnel was increased Many locations on site now feature additional hand disinfectant dispensers. There is more; prior to that, domestic and foreign business trips were minimised and some of the personnel is already working from home.
A meeting with a medical specialist
On Wednesday of March 11, the B&P Engineering management held a town hall with Dr. Stanisław Mazur, a specialist in internal diseases and cardiology and the president CEO of “Medyk” Medical Centre in Rzeszów. Extreme precautions were in place for the event. Prior to the town hall, each staff member had the temperature measured, the hands disinfected and was issued a protective mask by medical personnel. Finally, Dr. Stanisław Mazur took the floor:
“I would like to thank Mr. Peter Bauer and the company management and congratulate to you on your exceptional precautions and care for the business and the personnel. B&P Engineering is probably the first company in Poland which has taken action with so much resolve to ensure maximum containment of the threats the coronavirus outbreak is causing. You can, and you should, be a role model in this.”
Personnel health protection procedures implemented by B&P Engineering:
- Training in coronavirus outbreak preventive procedures;
- Regular decontamination of all rooms with ozone;
- Advanced HEPA-filter air purifiers deployed in office rooms;
- Regular spray disinfection of production rooms and break rooms;
- Pedestrian guardrails installed at entrances to control approach and force the use of disinfectants prior to entry;
- Hand disinfectants deployed in production buildings and office rooms;
- Enforcement of additional restrictions on the stay of third-party drivers on site;
- Decontamination of all shipments inbound to the warehouse;
- Daily department-wide temperature measurements;
- Revision of the diner schedule;
- Modification of the work shift system: the work shifts are separated with 1 hour of break to minimise exposure between workers while changing shifts;
- Shift work for office and administrative personnel;
- Home work for a part of the personnel;
- Safety training for the site security, with new procedures for admission of visitors;
- Enforcement of security procedures for every visitor (includes a detailed health questionnaire);
- Containment response procedure developed for the personnel members diagnosed as potentially infected;
- Deployment of a web-based mobile text alert gate to distribute instant safety alerts to the personnel.
Further in his town hall speech, Dr. Stanisław Mazur explained the hazards caused by the growing coronavirus incidence rate and the preventive measures designed to minimise the risk of infection.
The coronavirus is sensitive to lipid solvents. This means that washing your hands with regular soap or a household detergent for at least 30 seconds is key to contain the spread of the outbreak. If you suspect you have been infected with the coronavirus, do not go to an outpatient clinic or an ER. A single patient can infect everyone in the waiting room. Instead, contact the nearest County Sanitary and Epidemiology Centre and exhaustively explain all symptoms you have. I can assure you, that sanitary services and the healthcare are working around the clock and do everything to maintain health security in Poland. Note that exposure to SARS-CoV-2 does not mean you will contract the coronavirus; you will, however, be quarantined.”
To conclude: B&P Engineering calls you to act and behave responsibly and reasonably. Follow the recommendations of the state sanitary services and healthcare professionals. Remember that it is crucial to follow good hygiene practices and not to panic.